Clemson University Facilities has been working on a new project (not involving road work) for the past couple of weeks that will provide our community with accurate and detailed construction information while allowing for real-time updates available to all. They recently launched an interactive campus map that displays all active and anticipated road work projects. The goal is to offer an up-to-date project overview for those who may be impacted in hopes that the additional communication will bridge some of the gaps in communication we experienced over the past year.
Important dates to touch on currently are:
- May 6th: Hillcrest Ave. will be closed at Hwy. 93 for one day to mill an base pave the northern lane of Hwy. 93.
- May 9th – 12th: All lanes of Hwy. 93 will be open for Graduation and road construction will reconvene on May 13th.
- May 13th – 15th: College Ave. will be closed at Hwy. 93 to mill and base pave the northern lane of Hwy. 93. Westbound traffic along Hwy. 93 through the intersection will remain open during this time.
- June 19th: Completion of project in this area.
Also important to note:
- May 11th – July 4th: Hwy. 93 at Calhoun Dr. (area between Sikes and the new College of Business) will be reduced to 2 lanes (one eastbound and one westbound).
- July 5th – August 1st: Hwy. 93 will be closed between Cherry Rd. and Sherman St. with a local traffic only detour behind the Douthit Hills Hub building connecting the two roads and bypassing this area on Hwy. 93.
- August 1st – August 8th: Hwy. 93 will reopen 2 bidirectional lanes after the full closure for a period of 6 to 8 days. Full reopening will occur after this time.
Please visit the following Google Map often to receive the latest updates.
The CU Facilities Twitter page, Disruption Calendar, and Blog will contain update information as well.