Effective March 16, 2020, the Clemson Police Department will modify services through April 1, 2020 to protect citizens and minimize opportunities to spread COVID-19 in our community. Essential personnel and services will continue with caution. We will re-evaluate these changes as new information becomes available, and as we move closer to April 1.
The Clemson Police Department will take the following precautionary measures in consideration of CDC and DHEC recommendations on social distancing and other measures enacted across the nation:
- Officers will maintain a six-foot safe space during interviews.
- Non-emergency reports will be taken via telephone. Please call the non-emergency line at 864-624-2000.
- The E-911 center will continue to handle any emergency calls, as normal.
- Ride Along program will be suspended.
- All training and community events will be postponed.
- Records requests may be submitted by phone, at 864-624-2004, fax at 864-653-2043, during normal business hours.
Please refer to the City of Clemson and Clemson Police Department websites for updates.