LED Message Board Policy
The City of Clemson's Community Access Message Board is intended to display public notices and to inform citizens of upcoming community events. As space allows, the City will use the message board to promote “qualifying community events” on a first come, first served basis. However, priority will be given to City events and notices. A qualifying community event is defined as any charitable, educational, cultural, or recreational event taking place in the City of Clemson that is sponsored by a pre-approved nonprofit organizations. Nonprofits can only become approved organizations by making a request to the Clemson City Council. Call City Hall at 864-653-2030 for more information on how to request approval from Council.
- Each message will be reviewed by the City of Clemson for conformance with eligibility and content guidelines.
- Priority is given first to City events and information.
- Messages may be submitted to the Administration Department in person or by email. Messages must be submitted in text format only.
- Messages must be submitted as least 1 week prior to the scheduled event.
- All messages are subject to editing and condensation.
- Messages may not be posted for more than 15 consecutive days.
- Each message displayed shall remain fixed for a minimum of 15 seconds.
- Solicitation of funds or promoting the sale of products other than for eligible organizations.
- Unauthorized use of copyrighted information or trademarking.
- Any message that is illegal, sexually explicit, offensive, obscene, or in violation of any of the City’s equal opportunity or anti-discrimination/harassment policies.
- Advertising or promoting businesses, group fundraisers or events that do not serve a cultural, social, or education purpose or promote the general health and welfare of the community.
- Commercial postings.
- Political notices/petitions except for those required by law.
- Personal notices.
The Community Access Message Board is provided as a free public service. Therefore, while the City shall endeavor to ensure messages are transmitted accurately and in a timely manner, the City assumes no liability in connection with non-City message board material and makes no warranties or representations that any message will in fact be transmitted accurately or at any particular time. The responsibility for the factual accuracy of the information as submitted rests with the originator of the information.