Report a Sewer Leak


Stopped Sewers
Most sewer stoppages in individual buildings are caused by roots or grease in the lines owned by the property owner.  However, if water is flowing from your plumbing and no water has been run by the customer into any fixture in the building, please call the Utilities Department (864) 653-2046 during office hours and (864) 624-2000 after hours immediately, and personnel will be sent to check the city mains.  If the plumbing fixtures simply will not drain the property owner is advised to call the Utilities Department first before calling a plumbing repair service to have their service checked.  If the Utilities Department personnel find a blockage on the owner’s side, the owner is then responsible for contacting a plumbing repair service to correct the problem.

Sewer Diagram