City Council Meeting 03/03/2014
Agenda, Clemson City Council
Monday, March 3, 2014
Regular Council Meeting at 7:30 p.m.
Council Chamber, Clemson City Hall
1. Call to Order
2. Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance – Mayor J.C. Cook
3. Public Session
4. Approval of Minutes – February 17, 2014
5. Reports/Discussion Agenda:
a. Discuss issues related to Clemson Area Transit operations and finance:
– Mayor J.C. Cook & Mr. Rick Cotton, City Administrator.
1. Discuss request for GPATS MPO to become the Designated Recipient for FTA Funding allocations.
2. Receive an update of Anderson County discussions regarding the CAT 4-U Route for the future.
b. Discuss a request from Southern Wesleyan University President Todd Voss regarding future financial assistance on a project to construct a public access tennis center at their campus site – Mayor J.C. Cook.
c. Staff and Council Reports.
6. Policy/Action Agenda:
a. Item Request – Consider setting a date, time and location for a public hearing to receive public input regarding the change of Abel Road into a one-way travel direction only for a portion of a public street – Mr. Andy Blondeau, Assistant City Administrator.
7. Executive Session:
a. Personnel issue related to position of the part-time Business License Inspector that was recently approved by City Council – Mr. Rick Cotton, City Administrator.
b. Board & Commission appointment.